- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Good to know
- All meals during the hike
- An accompanying professional guide
- Camels for carrying luggage
- Ready tents and mattresses during the hike
- Team of camel drivers
- The services of a cook
- Transport and transfers
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Drinks and personal things
- Hotel and meals in Marrakech
- Traditional tips to the team
- Travel insurance
- The golden dunes Erg Sahel.
- Palm groves and architecture of towns and Kasbahs in the Draa Valley.
- An easy trek for your first discovery of the desert.
- The steps in the desert.
- An ideal trek for a discovery of the desert in all its aspects.
- Discovery of the culture and life of the nomads of southern Morocco.
- The magic of the nights under the tent in the desert.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
Marrakech - Ouarzazate - Draa Valley - Nesrat
We leave around 8am from Marrakech to Ouarzazate crossing the High Atlas by the Tichka Pass (2260 m). On arrival in Ouarzazate you will discover the capital of cinema in Morocco. We will pass the Anti Atlas, before descending to the Draa Valley with its ksars, beautiful fortified villages, and the city of Zagora. We will continue to the great desert of Nesrat where we will meet our team of camel drivers. Night under the tents. We will make 7 hours of first day routece
Nesrat - Dunes Bou Gaiwarne - Dunes Tidri
This will be our first day of hiking. We will descend the Draa Valley through its charming Berber villages: Ignaoun, Moulay Ali Achrif. We will have the opportunity to meet the locals. Then we will head to the village of Zaouiat Sidi Salah (the capital of the region). Lunch will be prepared by our cook in the middle of an oasis. Another 1h30 walk to reach our camp at the foot of the great dune Tidri.Nuit under the tents.We will walk 5 hours during the day.
Tidri - Erg Sahel
A beautiful step in which you can climb and descend the golden dunes of Tidri. We will cross a rocky hard plateau (called a Reg) with its stone desert. Here very little sand, just the silence of the desert in the heart of the virgin dunes of Erg Sahel. In the afternoon, walk in the dunes to enjoy the beautiful sunset at the end of the day. In the evening, we prepare a fire and cook the bread in the sand. Night under the tent. 5 hours of walking.
Erg Sahel-Ergabi Dunes - Oulad Adriss
Our last day of walking will make you discover desert landscapes near the village of Bonou. We will have lunch near the village of Ergabi. During the afternoon, we will discover the architecture and adobe houses of Ergabi, before joining the village of Ouled Driss. Night under the tents.We will walk 4h30 during the day.
Ouled Driss - Ouarzazate - Marrakech
Transfer to Marrakech (450 km) by the road to the Drâa Valley, Ouarzazate and the Tizi N'Tichka pass. Along the way, some photo stops are planned.