- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Good to know
- Bottled water during the tour
- Air-conditioned minivan or 4WD Fuel included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Camel ride (one camel each)
- Half-board accommodations in selected hotels and Kasbahs
- Professional driver
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Entrance Fees
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Cross the High Atlas by the Tizi n’Tichka pass at an altitude of 2260m.
- Discover the charm of southern Morocco and admire the way of life of desert nomads.
- Visit the fortified village Ait Ben Haddou and movie studios in the city of Ouarzazate.
- Enjoy the Chegaga Dunes in the Zagora desert.
- Admire sunrise and sunset over the Chegaga Dunes.
- Friendly atmosphere, night in camp and traditional dinner around the campfire.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
Marrakech - Ouarzazate - Zagora
Start your trip to the South of Morocco from Marrakech to the desert port Ouarzazate. You cross the High Atlas Mountains by the Tizi n'Tichka pass, where you will enjoy panoramic views from the highest road in Morocco (2260m). Before entering Ouarzazate, stop at Kasbah Ait Benhadou, a World Heritage Site by Unesco, for the visit. Lunch in Ouarzazate and continuation to Zagora by the Draa Valley. Dinner and overnight in Zagora in hotel or typical Riad.
Zagora - Tamgroute - M'Hamid El Ghizlane
Breakfast then visit the village of Tamegroute, 18km from Zagora, home to the underground Kasbah and one of the oldest Koranic libraries in Morocco. Departure to M'Hamid. Once arrived at Erg Lihoudi Dunes you will enjoy an hour ride on camels and in the evening you will watch the sunset. Dinner and overnight camping M'Hamid.
M'Hamid - Erg Chegaga (Chegaga Dunes)
This day, you will have a real experience of the desert of Morocco. A variety of activities keep you busy all day long: camel ride, sand trekking, quad biking, 4x4 driving in the sand. A visit to some nomads near their camels will be the highlight of the day. You share a cup of mint tea with them while you listen to their stories. Dinner and overnight in your camp at Erg Chegaga.
Erg Chegaga - Foum Zguid - Taznakht - Ouarzazate
After breakfast, you leave the desert to Foum Zguid village where you can cool off with a shower. You will pass by Lake Iriqui and varied landscapes of mountains and fossils! Lunch at Foum Zguid and return to Ouarzazate via the village of Taznakht famous for its Berber carpets. You arrive in the afternoon, Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Ouarzazate.
Ouarzazate - Ait Benhaddou - Marrakech
In Ouarzazate you will enjoy a visit to the Film Studio known as Hollyood of Africa and the fortified village Ait Ben Haddou which has been used for the filming of more than 20 films including Gladiator and Lawrence of Arabia. Enjoy a walk to explore the traditional Moroccan style of architecture in which the Kasbahs are built. Continue on to Marrakech through the High Atlas Mountains and Tizi n'Tichka Pass. Lunch break in the middle of the Atlas Mountains before continuing to Marrakech.